There are many local contractors who provide services related to forestry, home construction and improvements, landscaping and other wildfire mitigation activities. Eagle County, the Vail Board of REALTORS®, or any agents acting on behalf of the REALFire program cannot endorse any contractors but provide this information as a courtesy. We encourage you to contact multiple contractors when seeking bids.
- The REALFire program provides educational materials for potential home seller and buyers available on the Vail Board of REALTORS®
- Eagle County maintains a wildfire hazard map and other information for residents.
- Learn more about your home ignition zone, which includes your home and surrounding property (sometimes referred to as “defensible space”), and start reducing your wildfire risk today!
- REALFire Guide for Home Buyers – a REALTOR® Developed guide to Help Home Sellers understand a Property’s Wildfire Hazard
- REALFire Guide for Home Sellers – a REALTOR® Developed guide to Help Home Buyers understand a Property’s Wildfire Hazard
- REALFire Guide for Realtors a guide for Realtors to assist home sellers and buyers with understanding Wildfire
Grants and Funding
A variety of grants and funding assistance is available through the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS) to help individuals, landowners, community groups and others.
Visit the CSFS website for more information on assistance programs and grants, including an income tax subtraction for up to $2,500 for qualifying landowners who perform work on property located in a wildland-urban interface area.